Work with us
We are a dynamic publishing house with market-leading brands, competing against some of the biggest publishers in the country, and succeeding. Our staff are at the heart of everything that we do, and with the freedom to be flexible and creative, rather than a small cog in a big wheel, we have attracted incredible talent to the DJ Murphy team.
If you’re passionate about publishing and think that you share our enthusiasm, DJ Murphy could be the company you are looking for:
- Family run company, founded in 1949, committed to producing top-class content and award winning publications
- Based in Tilford, not far from Farnham.
- We love what we do and encourage our staff to develop their talents based on their interests, wherever possible
- Flexible working hours and generous holiday allowance
- Excellent company pension scheme
- Career opportunities within the business include: Journalism, Marketing, Digital and video, creative solutions, Advertising Sales, Finance, Merchandise and Events
Whether you are just starting out, or you are an established professional, get in touch – we may have just the opportunity you’re looking for. We’d also love to hear from you if you have an idea for a great new magazine.
Freelance writers – DJ Murphy Equestrian Portfolio
DJ Murphy (publishers) is an award-winning independent publishing house. We’re seeking to expand the pool of freelance writers working across our equestrian portfolio, in particular our best-selling monthly titles Horse&Rider and PONY.
We’re looking for writers with creative flair and plenty of great ideas. You’ll need excellent equestrian knowledge to share with our readers and a passion for creating compelling, fun, accurate content in our tone of voice.
Send your CV, examples of work and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for experience?
We welcome work experience applications from students post A-level. Successful applicants can expect to work across our full range of brands within the editorial and marketing departments. Placements are for one week. Apply as far in advance as possible, decisions will be made on summer work experience placements by the end of March.